It’s time for a changing of the guards…safety patrol guards that is. 4th grade students interested in being on safety patrol next year can sign up now. I visited every 4th grade class this week to announce it with our principal-of-the-day. Permission forms have been delivered to the 4th grade teachers and there are extras on the safety patrol closet. Permission forms are due June 21st and here are the requirements:
– Patrols work a rotating schedule of 1 week on, then 2 weeks off. In the morning, they arrive 20 minutes before the 1st bell. In the afternoon, they leave 10 minutes after the last bell of the day.
– If a patrol member is unable to work on the assigned day, it is up to him/her to find a substitute by calling/emailing/contacting another member of a different team.
– Students need to be 10 by the beginning of the 2016-17 school year. (Students who are not ten can participate once they turn 10)
– Students cannot take the school bus on patrol days.
– Commitment to being on time and willingness to work in any weather is crucial.
Please let me know if you have any questions.