1. Sandpoint Community Church generously lets us use their parking lot for no cost.
- Please park in the parking spaces painted in white only. The yellow spaces are to be saved for church parishioners, Sandhurst Cooperative Preschool parents and the Boys and Girls Club families only, at all times. If there are no spaces available, please consider parking along 70th.
- Please do not block traffic by parking or idling/waiting in the drive thru lane. Parking and/or waiting in this area is prohibited. If you are stopped in this designated “No Parking” area, you are blocking traffic and making it difficult for students to walk along the pedestrian path. Parking in the area designated “Unloading” is also prohibited. This included the little area at the NW corner of the parking lot too. Please don’t park there.
- Please drive slowly and cautiously. 10 miles per hour is plenty.
- Morning Drop off procedures:
- Please pull up all the way to the pedestrian crosswalk when dropping off so we can unload at least two cars at a time.
- Make sure your kids are ready to get out of the car because we need to move through the line quickly to avoid backups.
- Only cross the parking lot in the designated pedestrian crosswalk. Cutting through the cars increases the chances of being hit by a car!
2. Parking and Drop off on 50th at the front of the school
- Do not park in bus drop off zone at any time.
- Please drive slowly and cautiously.
- Please use designated crosswalks at all times. There have been many reports of many near misses!
3. Parking in the View Ridge Neighborhoods (75th & 48th/49th and 70th & 49th)
- No blocking driveways at any time. This is against the law and you will get reported and/or get a ticket.
- Be respectful and kind to our neighbors
- Show up early so you can find a legal parking spot
- Use designated crosswalks and model safe street behavior for your kids
- If you see illegal parking, hit and runs, and safety incidents, please report it to the City of Seattle! You can do so here: Submit a CSR – Customer Service Request Form
4. Safe Streets Initiative: View Ridge Community Council, View Ridge Elementary, City of Seattle, and SPD
- With the help of the VRCC, we have been meeting with the City of Seattle and the SPD to make our neighborhood streets safer for everyone.
- The squeaky wheel gets the grease! We need your involvement! Please reach out to Rob Johnson or Heather Boknecht to get more information about upcoming meetings and ways to help.
- When you see incidents please submit the CSR form (above). The City is currently collecting information and data about our neighborhood streets and traffic info, and part of that data is looking at the CSR/incident reports.
Thank you for attention to this matter and for working with us to keep our neighborhoods, kids, and streets safe. If you have any questions feel free to reach out at any time.
Kim Hildebrand and Erin Thakkar