Seattle Public Schools requests input and feedback on two levies that will be submitted to Seattle voters in February 2019. The Operations Levy, a renewal of the expiring Operations Levy, provides approximately 20 percent of the district’s general fund annual budget and supports educational programs not fully funded by the state.
The Building Excellence V (BEX V) Capital Levy, a renewal of the expiring BEX IV Capital Levy, includes projects to improve safety and security needs, add space to meet growing enrollment, replace or repair school buildings and systems and fund major preventive maintenance throughout the district.
District staff members will present information, collect input and feedback, and answer questions. Interpreters are available by request.
All meetings are 6:30-8:15 p.m.
- Monday, April 2: Aki Kurose Middle School lunchroom, 3928 S Graham St.
- Tuesday, April 3: Madison Middle School lunchroom, 3429-45th Ave. SW
- Monday, April 23: T.T. Minor School (Seattle World School) lunchroom, 1700 E Union St.
- Tuesday, April 24: Jane Addams Middle School lunchroom, 11051-34th Ave. NE
- Thursday, April 26: Monroe School (Salmon Bay K-8) lunchroom, 1810 NW 65th St.
Comments and questions are welcome:
By mail: Levies 2019, Seattle Public Schools, MS 22-336, PO Box 34165, Seattle, WA 98124