Disclaimer: While the PTA takes notes at Principal Coffee when we can, please direct all questions on content to Mr. Roos.
Teacher assignment & communication
- Today between 3:00-4:00 pm
- Will include welcome, class list & schedule for first week
- Will also include the starting time for class on the 4th
- Hearing from main class room teacher today, not necessarily specialist(s)
Laptops & iPads
- Laptops arrived yesterday for grades 3-5
- iPads are back ordered for grades K-2
- possible to get laptop due to shortage, but there are no plans for this at this time
- BYOD form – if you want to reject district’s laptop/iPad
Overview of next several days
- Grades 1-5 start F
- K starts T
First week of Strong Start (9/4 to 9/11)
- 2 hours every morning
- Social emotional learning
- Learning together to get used to remote learning, especially the new tools involved
- Teachers in professional development in the afternoon
- Staff just received the master schedule this morning, so they still need time to develop the full schedule
- Will include synchronous (live with class) and asynchronous (individual or in small groups)
- All grade levels will be aligned on schedules and as closely aligned as possible on scope & sequence
- Schedule will not likely change week to week
- This year will look more like traditional teaching, including assessments
- Not mandatory for teachers to teach from home. Classrooms are open to teachers.
- Teachers organizing supplies & will get them to families soon.
- Still working on the logistics.
- Will include after school options.
4th & 5th grade Music
- Mr. Goetz is working on a plan
- may be 5th grade only because teaching a new instrument remotely is hard
- specialists, including music, are part of the schedule for every grade
- These will be scheduled this week or next. More information will be coming soon.
- Children should be present for these meetings also.
- Staff will share ideas on how to support families, including recess & family connection activities
- For more specifics before then, please reach out to Ms. Shaw
No date yet for First Day Packets.
Enrollment higher than predicted for this year, but not enough to add staff.
School office open M-F 8:00 am – 4:00 pm. Use North or South doors to ring for support.
Keep comments and feedback coming – to Mr. Roos and teachers. Mr. Roos meets with the teachers daily to discuss feedback.
Back to Principal Coffee Meeting Notes