On behalf of the entire View Ridge Elementary PTA, we wish to THANK YOU for your generous support of the Otter Fund through its year-end ‘21 giving campaign. Through the generosity of donors, we raised over $46,000!
BUT we’re not done. Historically, the Otter Fund writes a check of upwards of $175,000 each year to support critical positions and programs the state does not fund. The system is broken, but until education is prioritized at the state level, this is our only option to ensure View Ridge Elementary remains the school we envision for our scholars and educators.
Why do we do this? We LOVE View Ridge!
As of today, we have $71,0000 available to fund these positions and programs, leaving a significant gap to close to ensure our neighborhood school is fully funded for the upcoming 2022-2023 school year.
How does this break down? Between now and February 15th, we hope to close the gap. With 355 scholars enrolled in the school, this averages out to $300 per child. Many of you have already given and given generously. And yet, we are humbly asking again.
We recognize this is a lot to ask. We also recognize some families can give more – significantly more. Some can give less. Some simply can’t give at all at this time – and that is okay. This community is built on its commitment to supporting all – not just its own. It is one of the many long-standing values that makes this community exceptional.
Your generous Otter Fund donations will support the following programs:
- Library. With Otter Fund support, our library is 100% funded. Without support the librarian would be reduced to a part-time position and the library would be closed every other week.
- Nurse. With Otter Fund support we ensure our school has a dedicated school nurse. Without support this position is dramatically reduced and shared with multiple schools in the district.
- Counselor. This position is fully funded by the Otter Fund. Without support, our scholars would not have access to a counselor in their times of need.
- Arts & Music. With Otter Fund support we ensure all grades receive weekly music, movement and art instruction. Without support our younger scholars are at risk of missing out on these critical activities.
- Reading Interventionist. With Otter Fund support we increase reading intervention support for our scholars, ensuring every scholar receives the support they need to become strong and enthusiastic readers.
Over the course of the next month, we will be diving deeper into the value of each of these programs and will celebrate the educators who bring these positions to life at View Ridge. We hope you enjoy these features and, along the way, feel inspired to give. Generously.
We LOVE our educators. We LOVE our scholars. We LOVE View Ridge!
Let’s show the LOVE!
Jennifer Harris & Shauna Larsen
View Ridge Elementary PTA Otter Fund Co-Chairs\