Why Join the View Ridge PTA?
The View Ridge PTA is a non-profit Parent Teacher Association that supports, enriches, and connects View Ridge learners, teachers, parents, and staff. We encourage the building of our community. View Ridge benefits from a large, engaged, and active PTA community. When you join the PTA, you support local, state, and national efforts to improve the lives of children and their families. Everyone – parents, staff, and community members – is encouraged to join.
Here’s why you should join:
- Membership is good for the kids. The PTA connects with and supports parents sharing a common goal of improving View Ridge for all students.
- Membership helps keep everyone connected. The PTA produces the weekly Otter Know newsletter, coordinates room parent emails, and works closely with school staff to ensure that parents receive information about events and decisions affecting our kids.
- Membership is affordable. View Ridge PTA membership is $17 per adult and membership fee waivers are available to any family (contact firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Membership supports local and state advocacy for kids. The Washington State PTA is constantly advocating with the state legislature and governor’s office for increased education funding and a fully inclusive education system. A portion of every membership directly supports this work.
- Membership supports FUN! PTA funds support events like Boo Ridge, Family Dance Night, and our Pancake Breakfast and Book Sale. These events are not only fun for kids, but fun for the whole family. They help create a supportive and engaged parent community.
- Membership provides discounts. PTA membership comes with a list of discounts including car rentals, Great Wolf Lodge, and the Washington State Fair.
- Membership is for all parents. The voice and opinion of every parent matters. Your voice and experience can help improve the quality of education for your children and their peers. There are a variety of ways parents can help and be involved in the PTA, and becoming a member is just one of many flexible opportunities to support the work of the PTA.
- Membership is important to the school. View Ridge Elementary is dependent on the PTA. In addition to being the sole source of fundraising revenue for the school, the PTA works diligently to provide support to teachers and staff and create a supportive school atmosphere.