After-school classes are offered to View Ridge students in a variety of areas. If you’re interested in providing these classes, this page gives you an overview of the steps that you need to take.
Check out this “Choose Your Own Adventure” Guide: Can you figure out the steps to offering after-school activities? Detailed instructions are below.
1. Contact the After-school Activities coordinators to see if there is a need for your class. If you are offered a slot, make sure you complete the following steps.
2. Make sure your company is up-to-date on paperwork:
- Business license
- Criminal Background Check (or WATCH form in some instances)
- Commercial General Liability Insurance with $1M – for details see SPS Rules – with listed additional insureds:
- Seattle Public Schools Building Rentals MS: 23:311, PO Box 34165, Seattle WA 98124-1165
- View Ridge Elementary School Parent Teacher Association 7047 50th Avenue NE, Seattle, WA 98115
3. Read and sign the Agreement (“the MOU”)
4. Send the MOU and required documents (Step 2) View Ridge Elementary School PTA: ATTN: After-school Activities
5. Create a School Dude account with Seattle Public Schools. Instructions here.
- This is to acknowledge that you and your employees will follow these SPS rules.
- Once account is approved, submit a copy of your Certificate of Insurance to the School Dude account.
6. Submit fees: $25 check to View Ridge Elementary School PTA once per session.
7. Fill out the Google form. After-school coordinators will send you the link.
Once you have all paperwork submitted, make sure that you collect the required information to register students in your classes.