Parents and caregivers, it’s that time of year again to be checking your child’s head regularly for head lice, especially around the ears and the back of the neck.
- Lice causes discomfort but does not spread disease and is not a health hazard
- Signs & symptoms of head lice:
- Itching or tickling on the head
- Seeing live lice, nits (lice eggs) or empty lice cases attached to hairs.
- Sores or scratch marks on the head caused by scratching.
- Irritability and trouble sleeping. (Head lice are most active in the dark.)
- If you find head lice, start treatment & let Nurse Scott know firstname.lastname@example.org
- No school needs to be missed when treatment has been initiated prior to returning to school.
- Need more info? Contact Nurse Scott or visit :