Are you interested in politics? Did you know the heart of PTA’s 125 history is actually rooted in grassroots organizing and advocating legislators about the needs to children?
View Ridge Elementary PTA can send 4 delegates to assembly on October 15 & October 16.
Are you interested in talking to state legislators on things that matter to our community?
The 2022 Voter Guide :
- Mitigating the Adverse Impacts of Climate Change
- Increasing Education Equity by Closing the Digital Divide
- Increasing Support for Equitable Family Engagement
- Preventing and Reducing Gun Violence and Suicide
- Improving Equitable Identification and Access for Highly Capable Students
- Supporting a Meaningful High School Diploma
- Harnessing the Benefits of Mastery-based Learning
- Addressing the Student Mental Health Crisis
- Building and Maintaining Safer School Facilities
- Expanding School Construction Funding Options
- Addressing Critical Gaps in Education Funding
- Addressing Funding, Inclusion, and Supports in Special Education
- Creating a Diverse and Effective Educator Workforce
Planning is now underway for WSPTA’s 44th annual Legislative Assembly, October 15-16, which will be unlike any before it!
At its heart, the legislative assembly is about participation. PTA members submit new positions to be added to WSPTA’s policy platform, volunteers on the advocacy committee, resolutions committee and board of directors review them, and delegates at legislative assembly amend, debate and vote on whether to adopt them.
This year, WSPTA is planning for legislative assembly to be a hybrid event for more inclusive participation. Delegates will be able to attend and vote in person at Bellevue College or remotely.
DEADLINE FOR REGISTRATION IS OCTOBER 6.